I decided to rewrite The Three Little Pigs from the wolf's perspective. If you need reminding of how that story goes, here's the link: http://www.ivyjoy.com/fables/threepigs.html
My version:
It'd been days since I had eaten and I was beginning to get very hungry. There was no more food in the forest for a wolf like me so I set off into town to find a good meal. There were many kinds of animals living in the neighborhood I searched but no one seemed right for me. I had heard that there were three new pigs living in the area and that wasn't the only thing I knew about them. I decided that I would try to find them because only they could help my hunger.
The first pig I found lived in a straw house. He ran away immediately upon seeing me. I yelled through the house “Come out! I want to speak to you!” By this time, I was so hungry that my mouth began watering in anticipation of food. The pig replied, “I'd rather stay where I am!” Because of his rude attitude and my hunger, I became angry. “I'll make you come out!” I said, right before I took in a deep breath and blew the pig's house down. I could not believe that the entire house had been blown down and that the pig was running towards a wooden house. “Come back!” I yelled, but he did not listen as his brother let him in and locked the door.
I ran to the wooden house next and banged on the door. I could hear the pigs talking rapidly inside, obviously frightened. I tried to make them feel better by saying, “Open up! Open up! I only want to speak to you!” Again, this pig would not allow me into his home and would not come out. I became upset and angry. I decided that the only way these two pigs would listen to me was if I blew this house down as well. I took another deep breath and blew as hard as I could. The wooden house fell down almost as easily as the straw house and the pigs went running for it.
They made it to a brick house which turned out to be owned by the third brother. I banged on the door, hoping they would let me in and I could get my meal. The pigs refused to open up so I tried to blow down the house. I blew once and nothing happened. I blew twice and nothing happened. Then on the third try, when the house did not even budge, I realized that no amount of blowing would get me into that house. I decided to climb down the chimney to get to the pigs.
As I climbed down the chimney, my feet started getting hotter and hotter. I thought this was odd but was so hungry that I kept going anyway. The sooner I got to the bottom, the sooner I could eat. I dropped to the bottom and realized that the pigs had set a fire in the chimney! My feet and tail were singed and I patted them to put the flames out. I realized how evil these three pigs were and ran out the door as fast as I could.
I was burned, starving, and offended. I could not believe that these pigs refused to open their doors and then tried to set me on fire! Afterall, I was only going to ask them to serve me some of the chicken noodle soup I heard they were so good at making.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I thought this story was really cute. Especially at the end when the Wolf just wanted a cup of noodle soup. Your story is very solid and has virtually no grammar errors. I like how it flowed. IF there was any changes I could make, it would be the storyline from when each pig was running into the other pigs house. Just because it sounds a lot like the original. Maybe if you threw some dialogue and having the Wolf plea and show some vulnerability on his part it would make it really seem as if the entire story was fromt he Wolf's perspective.
ReplyDeleteHope that helps:)
Thanks, that's a really good suggestion. I will definitely change that up!
ReplyDeleteNo problemo:)
ReplyDelete