The Wolf's Mouthwatering Adventure
It'd been days since I had eaten and I was beginning to get very hungry. There was no more food in the forest for a wolf like me so I set off into town to find a good meal. I spied on the animals living in the neighborhood, but none of them seemed right for me. Through eavesdropping on conversations, I had heard that there were three new pigs living in the area and that wasn't the only thing I knew about them. I decided that I would try to find them because only they could help my hunger.
I found one of the pigs at a straw house. He ran inside immediately upon seeing me. I yelled through the house “Come out! I want to speak to you!” By this time, I was so hungry that my mouth began watering in anticipation of food. The pig replied, “I'd rather stay where I am!” Because of his rude attitude and my hunger, I became frustrated. “I'll find a way to make you come out...” I said, right before I took in a deep breath and puffed out, exasperated. I could not believe it, but my breath had blown down the entire house! The next thing I knew, the pig was running away from me. “Come back!” I yelled, but he did not listen as he ran to a wooden house nearby.
I ran after him but he had made it inside. I tried the knob and discovered that he had locked me out. I then banged on the door. I could hear the pigs talking rapidly inside, obviously frightened. I knew they were most likely upset that I had blown the straw house down, so I tried to make them feel better by saying, “Open up! Open up! I only want to speak to you!” Again, this pig would not allow me into his home and would not come out. I became upset and angry. I decided that the only way these two pigs would listen to me was if I got them out, and to get them out, I would have to blow this house down as well. I took another deep breath and blew as hard as I could. The wooden house fell down almost as easily as the straw house and the pigs went running for it. “Come back!” I yelled as my stomach began to growl loudly, “Please!”
I chased after the pigs as they ran into a brick house. They reached the house much quicker than me, since I was becoming weak with hunger. I banged on the door, hoping they would let me in and I could get my meal. The pigs refused to open up so I tried to blow down the house. I blew once and nothing happened. I blew twice and nothing happened. Then on the third try, when the house did not even budge, I realized that no amount of blowing would get me into that house. I decided to climb down the chimney to get to the pigs.
As I climbed down the chimney, my feet started getting hotter and hotter. I thought this was odd but was so hungry that I kept going anyway. The sooner I got to the pigs, the sooner I could eat. I dropped to the bottom and realized that the pigs had set a fire in the chimney! My feet and tail were singed and I patted them to put the flames out. I realized how evil these three pigs were and ran out the door as fast as I could.
I was burned, starving, and offended. I could not believe that these pigs had refused to open their doors and then tried to set me on fire! After all, I was only going to ask them to serve me some of the vegetarian noodle soup I heard they were so good at making.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment