AGH! It's so hard for me to pick just one because I really liked all four of my poems. One of the more touching and easier to read ones thought is The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. I feel like everyone can relate to it a little bit, because it's about being at a "fork in the road" and having to decide which way to go in life. Everyone has tough choices to make that can change their entire life, so I feel like this poem is really special. I also like that Robert Frost makes the point of taking the road less traveled by, or in other words, the harder, less popular way. Although it may be tough to take this way, it can pay off in the end. It's kind of like deciding whether or not to go to college. Do and be in debt for quite some time but end up getting a good job later on, OR don't go to college, don't take out loans for a "piece of paper" (aka diploma) and live off an okay job for the rest of your life. Going to school is hard, but in the end it pays off. ANYWAY, here's the poem:
Also, if interested, here are the other poems I read and really found interesting:
Reasons by Thomas James
Bleeding by May Swenson
Being in Love by Chungmi Kim
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment